You want to migrate to Canada permanently and wish to figure out How to Get PR in Canada from India, right? Well, you are on the right page. Here, we will not let you know How to Get PR in Canada from India, but also share helpful information on Eligibility for Canada PR from India.
Major Canada PR Programmes
If we talk about the programmes for PR, these are the key ones:
- Express Entry: Managed by the Federal administration–in conjunction with the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)–and meant for skilled individuals, it’s, perhaps, the most popular and swiftest immigration path to the cherished status in the overseas hotspot. With a view to submit an application for PR, at first decide your eligibility, afterwards complete language tests, and get appraisals of your education credentials.
You also require establishing the code that’s applicable to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list, making an Express Entry profile and registering for the Job Bank. Post receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA), complete the application, give the necessary application charges, and offer the mandatory documentation.
Express Entry–Categories Available
Express Entry administers these three economic immigration schemes:
- Federal Skilled Worker Programme (FSW) – It’s for skilled workers having foreign experience. Professionals from in IT, sales, finance, legal, marketing, medicine, among others come under the class.
- Federal Skilled Trades Programme (FST) – It is for the individuals having the necessary qualifications in a skilled trade with overseas experience. Chefs, bakers, equipment operators, not to mention many others come under the class.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC) – It is basically for those skilled workers who have Canadian employment experience.
- Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP): It is, perhaps, the second most accepted route to Canadian PR. Created for individuals who lack adequate score to make the cut under Express Entry it’s managed by every individual Canadian province. While the scheme opens on ad-hoc basis, in case you obtain nomination, as per the rules, you have to spend two years in the province, prior to moving to any other Canadian province.
- Family Sponsorship: Through this path, existing permanent residents are entitled to offer sponsorship to their relatives, comprising their spouse, partner, kids, parents, grandparents, besides others, and the later they can move as permanent residents.
- Quebec-selected Skilled Worker: Run and managed separately by the French-speaking province of Quebec, it’s earmarked for those who wish to reside in the province particularly.
- Start-up Visa: If you have a start-up idea and are in a position to create jobs for the locals, the Maple Leaf Country will provide you with a PR Visa, provided, of course, a chosen organization accepts your idea and executes the same.
Eligibility for Canada PR from India
Moving on to the second subject– Eligibility for Canada PR from India–the basis of youreligibility is the figure of points garnered being at par with the bare minimum point condition established by the Express Entry Draws. This point calculator’s aim is to figure out how you–as a skilled migrant–are in your chosen job, and how well you may play a role in the Canadian economy’s growth.
So, this, in brief, is How to Get PR in Canada from India and eligibility for Canada PR from India! Use the details shared to chalk-out your overseas immigration plans!